HOME > How to enjoy Hyotan Onsen
Clean your mind and body! Carefree Mini-Detox course
How to enjoy sand bath.
- Change into a yukata and go to the sand bath!
- Dig up sand while checking the temperature at the same time. Be careful, the deeper you dig, the hotter it gets!
- Cover your friends, family members and yourself with steamed sand. Have a good time♪
- There is no time limit! Enjoy sand bath to your heart’s content!
- Shower off sweat and sand, then check out the main public bath!
Beppu hot spring resort, taking pride in both the number of hot springs and the volume of natural artesian water, Kan’nawa Onsen area is well known for its remarkable atmosphere and outstanding amount of yukemuri steam. While taking a casual walk, you will find natural artesian spring water at almost every corner of Kan’nawa.
People have long loved this scenery, and handed down the culture of utilizing the steam, such as steam baths, and Jigoku-mushi cuisines.
It is not too much to say that Kan’nawa, Beppu has grown with the onsen yukemuri steam.
- Tips on how to fully enjoy steam bath at Hyotan Onsen
Basic steps of taking steam bath
- First, enjoy sand bath! Sweat as much as you can!
- Shower off sweat and sand.
- Get into the steam bath! Relax in the steam
- Rinse off sweat in the shower or the main bath
Hyotan Onsen’s Jigokumushi pudding is original. It is popular for its firm texture and nostalgic taste.
Soft serve ice cream, another original dessert, contains concentrated ingredients of hot spring water. The secret of being popular is a great combination of rich milk and salty ingredients in natural spring water. This sweet serves two ends: great taste and healthy effect to your body.